The tool that we have selected to apply as our district-wide base interim assessment tool starting in the 2017-18 school year, for grades 3-8, is the i-Ready interim assessment. The primary reasons for this selection are that the i-Ready tool:
- serves as a standards-based assessment and instructional tool
- provides a platform that allows students to practice in a manner similar to our on-line accountability assessment
- ensures standards-based outcomes and ongoing progress data is instantaneously available to the teacher and student
- provides assessments that can be customizable in terms of standards being assessed
- Includes instructional resources for instructional planning in response to student outcomes
- Is approved by the Colorado Department of Education as a READ Act assessment
Along with serving as our base interim assessment, we will use i-Ready as our READ Act assessment tool for 1st-7th students in APS.(2017-18) The PALS assessment tool will continue to be used for our Kindergarten students.
Some general information on the Diagnostic and Standards Mastery assessments is below.
For more information about i-Ready, go to: http://www.curriculumassociates.com
- Pinpoints performance
- Measures growth K−12
- Differentiates instruction
What is an adaptive diagnostic?
- i‑Ready Diagnostic provides a powerful adaptive diagnostic, growth measure, and predictive tool.
- i‑Ready Standards Mastery provides user-controlled assessments that evaluate proficiency against specific standards.