The tool that we have selected to apply as our district-wide base interim assessment tool starting in the 2017-18 school year, for grades 3-8, is the i-Ready interim assessment. The primary reasons for this selection are that the i-Ready tool:
- serves as a standards-based assessment and instructional tool
- provides a platform that allows students to practice in a manner similar to our on-line accountability assessment
- ensures standards-based outcomes and ongoing progress data is instantaneously available to the teacher and student
- provides assessments that can be customizable in terms of standards being assessed
- Includes instructional resources for instructional planning in response to student outcomes
- Is approved by the Colorado Department of Education as a READ Act assessment
Along with serving as our base interim assessment, we will use i-Ready as our READ Act diagnostic assessment tool for 1st-8th students in APS.
The PALS assessment tool will continue to be used for our Kindergarten students.
Some general information on the Diagnostic and Standards Mastery assessments is below.
For more information about i-Ready, go to: http://www.curriculumassociates.com
- Pinpoints performance
- Measures growth K−12
- Differentiates instruction
What is an adaptive diagnostic?
- i‑Ready Diagnostic provides a powerful adaptive diagnostic, growth measure, and predictive tool.
- i‑Ready Standards Mastery provides user-controlled assessments that evaluate proficiency against specific standards.